Friday, January 28, 2011

While walking On Bernard today I found...

Solitude.

I was walking down Bernard Ave. and kept going until it runs into a walking path that takes you through our downtown park area and near the lake.  It is a truly overwhelming feeling to experience this walk by yourself. I looked all around me and no one was around. At the same time, I was listening to the music playing on my ipod (or in my case, a "vintage" ipod shuffle). It's like the day is just for you. There's just something so strong about these kind of moments for me. I feel like I want to devour them so intensely; kinda like when I go to see a movie that is on the top of my list to see and no one else is in the theater the entire time but me.


The second thing I discovered today was something a little more sweet. Literally. You know how you can hang out at Starbucks for a few hours and when you walk out you still smell coffee? The smell is still in your nose, on your clothes, maybe in your hair... it's one of my favorite things. Well, today I finally went into our local country cottage store and the same thing happened but with the scents of candles! I came out of the store smelling of banana nut bread, apples & cinnamon, along with that strong type of cinnamon like in a red hot, and many other spiced yummies that remind me of being in Mt. Dora, Florida (aka home in Lake County). It lasted for a few blocks. It was so nice. And as I was typing this entry, I got a surprise second smell of apple spice. Fantastic!



My attitude of gratitude is for:

My good friend LeLe.  I love that I can send her photos on my phone of these moments as they happen and she always has something wonderful to say right back. She makes me feel throughout the day like she is always with me. And she too sends me pieces of her Pennsylvania heaven, which is why I keep the phone close to me, so I don't miss a single moment. :o)


Music I listened to on today's walk:

Amelie (Movie Soundtrack)
Cirque du Soliel  "Alegria" (Show Soundtrack)

(haven't changed out the music yet but glad it was still on there for me to play)






No comments:

Post a Comment